Professional Dental Implants in Livermore
Missing a single tooth or multiple teeth can impact your oral health and the visual appeal of your smile. At the dental practice of Sonia Dhillon, DDS, we offer dental implant treatment to help replace missing teeth. Dr. Dhillon and her compassionate, dedicated team can help you restore your smile regardless of how many teeth you’re missing. Our team is efficient, empathetic, friendly, and precise.
We work with specialists in our office to restore the essential health and function of your smile. Our team offers various implant options, from a single implant to an entire arch. We combine art and technology to deliver premium dental implants in Livermore. If you’re fed up with the effects missing teeth have on your happiness and health, call Sonia Dhillon, DDS, to schedule your appointment today!
CALL US: (925) 449-7167 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant includes a body-safe titanium post that acts as an artificial tooth root and a custom restoration such as a crown or bridge. Our in-office periodontist surgically inserts the implant into the jaw, allowing natural tissue and bone to grow around the post in a fusing process known as osseointegration. The bonding process will enable implants to become a permanent part of the jawbone.
A dental implant is the next best thing to a natural tooth and offers great convenience. We will examine your case, and if you qualify, our periodontist can place your implant post and perform any related procedures such as bone grafts or sinus lifts.
Our Livermore dental implant treatments include:
- Initial Exam: Our dentist begins by physically examining your teeth and jaws to determine if you are a good candidate for an implant. We use dental x-rays and 3D images to create accurate representations of your teeth and jaw.
- Implant Post Placement: Our periodontist surgically places the dental implant in your jawbone. The implant post creates an artificial tooth root that stimulates bone and tissue growth, just like a natural root.
- Healing Period: Once the post is placed, there is a four to six-month healing period. During this time, the jawbone will mesh with the surface of the dental implant to provide a solid base for your new artificial tooth.
- Final Restoration: After your gums have fully healed, we will take impressions and use them to make your dental crown, bridge, or denture. With your new restoration in place, you can eat and smile with confidence.
Related Procedures for Dental Implant Success
Your teeth and gum health must be in optimal condition to support dental implant treatment. Based on your oral health, our dentist may recommend some necessary pretreatments. Below are two procedures our periodontist can offer to make your dental implant placement successful:
- Bone Grafting: If your jawbone doesn’t have enough density or is too soft, we recommend a bone grafting procedure. The procedure adds transplanted or artificial bone to strengthen your jaw and prepare it for the implant.
- Sinus Lifts: A sinus lift is another surgery recommended for those with less bone to support implants. It helps increase the amount of bone in the upper jaw by surgically adding bone to the space between your premolars and molars.
High-Quality Implant-Supported Restorations
After you have healed from surgery, Dr. Dhillon will expertly place your final custom prosthetic. Our premium dental implants can support the following restorations:
Porcelain Crowns: You’ll receive a single dental implant and a porcelain crown if you are only missing one tooth. A custom-made crown will provide the chewing pressure you require to maintain your jawbone structure.
Porcelain Fixed Bridges: We often use an implant-supported bridge to replace multiple missing teeth in a row. A fixed bridge doesn’t rely on your neighboring teeth for support. Instead, your prosthetic teeth will be anchored to dental implant posts.
Porcelain Fixed Dentures: If you have only a few teeth missing, our dentist will recommend a partial denture. If all of your teeth along a dental arch are missing, a complete denture may be the best solution. We can replace an entire arch of missing teeth with a fixed denture supported by 6-8 dental implants. The restoration will allow you to speak clearly and chew comfortably.
All-On-4®: Four dental implants can support a full-arch prosthetic to complete qualified smiles. All-on-4 dental implants are comfortable as they don’t press down on your gums like traditional dentures. You will be able to bite with better force and smile with confidence.
At the practice of Sonia Dhillon, DDS, we use porcelain restorations to give you the quality dental treatment you deserve. Porcelain is durable and stain-resistant, and it can withstand the daily pressure you place on your teeth when you chew food. It also delivers an aesthetically pleasing outcome since it mimics your natural teeth.
Quality Dental Implant Restorations in Livermore
Dr. Sonia Dhillon and her compassionate and caring team are ready to help you achieve a functional and beautiful smile. If you’re missing teeth, you can benefit from our Livermore dental implant treatment to restore your smile. We offer personalized care for your unique situation. Contact us today to schedule your visit!
CALL US: (925) 449-7167 REQUEST APPOINTMENT